Official minutes of the first meeting of the Town of Grant Valley shows that the township was organized on the 20th day of October, 1898. Positions filled at that time were three (3) Supervisors, One (1) Clerk, One (1) Treasurer, One (1) Justice of the Peace, One (1) Constable, and One (1) Assessor.
Of special interest is the business items addressed at the first meeting which were purchasing supplies that included 100 feet of rope, ten yards of cotton sheeting, two pieces of lumber all for the purpose of constructing a flag staff and polling areas at the school house.
The school house was locatd in Section 26 and at some point in time the "wood shed" for the school became the town hall. It remainded as such until a new town hall was constructed on land donated by Jack Strowbridge in memory of his father, Clarence (Slats) Strowbridge, and located at the intersection of County Road #7 and Boot Leg Road.
The majority of the business items now requiring board action focus on road work/projects/needs and elections.